Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little Green Houses Author Bio


David A. Kearns is a graduate of Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne Florida with a degree in geological oceanography. Mr. Kearns is a former journalist for Florida Today newspaper covering police beat news, city and county government, and the environment. He also served the United States Peace Corps as an advisor to small-scale farmers in rural Honduras, Central America. Mr. Kearns has taught science at Brevard County schools, chemistry and oceanography at Florida Air Academy of Melbourne Florida. Mr. Kearns is the author of Where Hell Freezes Over (Thomas Dunne Books 2005) the story of the crash and rescue of the crew of the US navy seaplane George 1 in Antarctica in 1946/47. Mr. Kearns is the son of one of the survivors of that crash

1 comment:

  1. I've had comment about a Kirkus review of my book. My reaction was Kirus is dead, the fiends who run that show now are all on the take; of course without any back-up material to support my position. Actually what Kirkus said really streched credulity to slam me. Comparing me to Jon Krakaur? Is this a slam or a plug? Yes, unlike Krakaur, I didn't invent a different ending because (and this part is important) I like to include TRUTH with my non-fiction. Heh Heh

    ReplyDelete